Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bonjour mon ami!

Well, since I've been posting daily since I started this blog you must have missed my short absence. What? You didn't notice? Oh right, because I'm about as regular as an old man who lacks fiber. But I'm back and ready to wow you with my exciting life.

The holidays were a sea of crazy this year. The stars aligned this year and every friend, family, and foe was in town and wanted to get together. Why is it that everyone is always in town for only 2 days around the holidays? It makes it very difficult to plan. But nevertheless I got out my 27x34 flip chart and my laser pointer and set to work diagramming the holidays. Fortunately it all worked out. I saw every family member and friend and rescheduled all the foes for the day after never.

Amidst the hustle and bustle of spreading holiday cheer I was still taking lessons with my new instructor. And as of late, I have decided to throw myself to the mercy of the MN Opera directors. Yes folks, I am auditioning this spring and receiving a rejection letter in the summer. I can hardly contain myself. Now just to decide which aria to sing. Oh and how to convince them that I would be a great mezzo for them while singing Bester Jungling or Batti, batti. Ha! *sigh* If only sopranos were slightly less common than a dandelion in spring. *cue violins*

I'm still working and trucking along and gearing up for my best friends wedding. Speaking of, I better start working on my toast!

No comments: