Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Truffle Shuffle

I just had the best 2 hours of my life!! I went to go see Goonies on the UltraScreen. They're showing one "old" movie a month on one day at one time. Last month it was Indiana Jones, and this month it was Goonies!!!

This movie was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Oh, who am I kidding? It's still one of my favorite movies. I hadn't seen Goonies in probably 10 years. What a dark time that was. Tonight the black cloud was lifted. I had 114 minutes of pure enjoyment.

It's funny how you remember certain things about the movie when you watched it as a kid, and then when you finally see it again, it's like a whole new movie. I was not the biggest Goonies fan in the audience, and I'm for sure not the biggest fan in the world, but some people are.... and those people post in Wikipedia. The write about the Truffle Shuffle. Oh yes, the Truffle Shuffle.
So to leave you as I blissfully slumber (it was an 8 o'clock start time! Far to late for this bag of bones!), I will leave with you with some quotes from Goonies.

[
the Fratellis are interrogating Chunk]
Francis Fratelli: Tell us everything! Everything!
Chunk: Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.
Jake Fratelli: I'm beginning to like this kid, Ma!
Mama Fratelli: [tired of Chunk's stalling] Hit puree!

***


Brandon Walsh: I'm gonna hit you so hard that when you wake up your clothes will be out of style!

***

Chunk: [Data comes flying into the house knocking over everyone and Chunk grabs the statue of Michaelangelo's David] Hey! I bet you guys think I was going to drop it huh? But you wouldn't expect that from good ol Chunk [Places the statue on the table and it falls off]
Brandon Walsh: You Idiot!
Mikey: Oh my god! [runs over and picks up the statue]
Chunk: Look look! It's not broken. It's perfect! Ha ha!
Mikey: [sees that the statue's penis has broken off] Oh my GOD! That's my mom's most favorite piece! [tries to put it back on]
Chunk: Oh my god.
Mouth: You wouldn't be here if it wasn't.
Mikey: Shut up Mouth!
Brandon Walsh: Shut up Mouth.

***
Sloth : Hey, you guys!

No comments: