Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Friends and Fried Okra

Last Friday a group gathered at Dixie's to celebrate Cathy's birthday. It was full of laughter, tons of food, and friends.

For some good Southern cooking, Dixie's is where you go. Abbie got the fried okra. Barf. I hate fried okra, but to be fair I tried it again. Yeah, still hated it. Everyone else said it had no taste. Are they crack? The texture alone is enough to send you running to the nearest
spittoon. I mean look at it! There is no possible way that people could find this appetizing. (Sorry Abbie, I have to include you and the entire south in this.)

It's just not a quality dish. I'll go as far to say that I actually enjoy some grits (with butter and brown sugar), but there are certain foods that I just won't eat. Fried okra, collard greens, and tainted fruit. I just can't do it. Sorry to those of you who like them... I'm not envious in the least. Blech.

No comments: