Thursday, March 30, 2006

Rehearsal - Work - Nap

Well, rehearsals are going pretty well... OK so we hit a little hitch yesterday with the orchestra. You can't hear the choir at all. Other than that, it went swimmingly. Tonight we will get a new arrangement, and hopefully all will be dandy.

I'm struggling through my day trying to keep awake. I'm using every method possible. Eight cups of coffee along with 2 Mountain Dew's and a slap to the face, dousing my face in cold water, sticking myself with needles, and propping my eyes open with toothpicks. All the usual stuff.

Nothing is working! The coffee/Dew has only made me a narcoleptic with spontaneous seizures, and the cold water makes me look even more like death, and now I'm bloody from the needles and I have splinters in my eyelids from the toothpicks.

I feel like I'm permanently trapped in the
Salvador Dali picture with all the drooping clocks. My eyeballs are resting atop my desktop barely able to peek up at the brightly lit computer screen.

Will anything save my from my fatigue? I suppose that I could stop burning the midnight oil playing with my new gadgets, but they're too fun, so that's not an option...

However! Despite my lethargy, I will be animated and full-steam-ahead for the performances. Funny how that always works out that way.

No comments: