Saturday, December 31, 2005

The "Eves"


This year the eves of Christmas and New Years have crept up on me. I didn't realize it was New Years eve today until someone told me. I make plans for the different eves, and it's a big build up to the day/eve, only to not actually be the big festivity that you expect.

Is it me, or does everyone plan these elaborate eves, only to wake up and start a normal day? I think there's too much hubbub around these pre-celebratory holidays. It just doesn't make sense anymore to have set plans and go out and "party like it's 1999". What's the point? I probably won't make it until midnight. Can't I just celebrate tomorrow over breakfast and some coffee? I think this maybe a learned lesson for next year. Enjoy your time on the eves, but don't get all strung out over the planning. It's not really the big day, it's just the eve!

No comments: